Monday, September 30, 2019

Sewcial with Troupe part 2 - Appliqué and Costuming

I met with my students for a second part to our Sparkly Belly Appliqué and sewing party/sewcial.  Find all of Mao's tutorials here on Sparkly Belly dot com.

We managed to cut out and sew our sleeveless choli tops with ties from the patterns we created last time, and we also finished most of our no-sew 10 minute skirts.  We also continued beading our appliqués to finish our troupe project.  I was happy that we were able to do some actual sewing this time, everyone brought their machines, fabric, thread, and had to learn how to use them!

 Beading, cutting out patterns, spinning bobbins, threading machines and learning about different stitches.

 Putting together the costumes where our appliqués will end up eventually.


Our finished tops!  We forgot to get a photo in our skirts, but when we are totally done I will update the blog with the full costumes and appliqués.  Thank you, Mao!  The Appliqués are available in Mao's Sparkly Belly Shop here. 

You can find info about my troupes on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment