Thursday, January 11, 2024

2024 - Happy New Year - Recaps & Starting Fresh

 Happy New Year!  It's been awhile since I did a blog post, so I'm here doing some catch up!

2023 was a successful year as far as returning to dance.  I taught in West Covina and San Dimas and had a number of new students and returning students join me.  I was able to take my student troupe to Cairo ShimmyQuake festival in June, where we did a 7 minute troupe set of two routines, swords and fan veils.  We created several dance films as well, my favorites that we have done thus far, including Fortune & Glory (an Indiana Jones inspired dance), Discolicious, a fusion disco and bellydance New Year's Eve celebration, and our spooky Haunted Mansion inspired dance films for Halloween, the Haunted Brides and the Haunted Hearts.  

We also danced a set at the West Covina Centennial celebration which was a great start to the year.  Other in person dance events included the Wild West inspired hafla, and an end of year class showcase for my students.  We ended the year with a performance at a dance party in Claremont.  I also got to dance at the famous and beautiful Babouch restaurant before it closed down forever.

 I'm excited to start the new year and see what it brings.

 My year of being a GXVE Ambassador was really wonderful but things have changed there, so we will have to see how that plays out now.  I have a new link if you want to shop for clean, vegan, cruelty-free makeup by Gwen Stefani with me, click here

I also was honored to be Ms. America Royalty Beauty 2023 and my reign will come to an end soon since it's 2024.

I made a recap of the year which you can watch here.



No comments:

Post a Comment