Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Expansion of Classes and General Updates

 Hi Readers!  It's been a while since I updated my costuming and personal blog here, so I'm going to recap a few things that have changed since I last did a post.

I am now teaching two classes a week in person, in San Dimas, and sometimes a third online, in addition to Shimmy Mob.  We have upcoming Shimmy Mob event in September, which is called EASA (Emotional Abuse Signs Awareness event), where annually we learn a short dance to perform in any day in September and the purpose is to raise awareness about emotional abuse signs because emotional abuse often leads to physical abuse, which we want to stop.

 Registration for Shimmy Mob is usually open around late December and the two events are in May (second Saturday of the month) and September if you wish to join this great cause.  www.ShimmyMob.com is the address and next year we celebrate 15 years of Shimmy Mob.

Unfortunately, more restaurants and venues have closed which used to support bellydancers, such as Babouch Restaurant in San Pedro and upcoming, Bruce's Prime Rib in Whittier.

My classes are going really well and I'm grateful for the support of my amazing students and my student troupe, who, this year, performed a full 30 minute set at the LA County Fair and did Cairo ShimmyQuake festival.  We took a performance break this summer due to all the work we had done with those mentioned shows, plus 4 new dance films we created and doing live performances at the Upland quarterly hangar shows.

 I'm currently working on some cosplay ideas for an upcoming convention I will be attending so I have to keep in mind - packing needs (small), comfort (hot weather, shoes), ease of creation, and how authentic/close to the "real" look I can make my cosplays. 

 I'm also planning for Fall events, we have several video ideas and in person shows to prep for coming up in the next few months. 

GXVE Beauty has also discontinued the Ambassador program and they are not selling on their own website anymore, which was a sad ending to a few years of creative fun with them.  One door closes, another opens.


No comments:

Post a Comment